110th Anniversary Editions, Hard Candy Custom Styling, and a Restyled Street Bob
MILWAUKEE (August 20, 2012) – Harley-Davidson rolls into its 110th model year with a line of authentic American motorcycles that includes 110th Anniversary Editions of select Harley-Davidson® motorcycle models and a restyled Dyna® Street Bob® model. Harley-Davidson Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO)TM offers two new models, the CVO™ Breakout™, a high-performance Softail® model with exciting new finish options, and the CVO™ Road King®, fitted with an innovative vented windshield and high-output audio system.
Also new for 2013, Harley-Davidson launches Hard Candy Custom™, a styling movement rooted in themes first seen in the chopper era of the late 1960s that embraces dazzling metal flake paint, brilliant chrome, and styling details in accessories, gear and apparel. Hard Candy Custom elements include “big flake” paint finishes, three of which will be selectively offered as a solid-color option on five Harley-Davidson production motorcycles for 2013.
H-D1™ Factory Customization expands with the Street Bob joining the 1200 Custom as Harley-Davidson models in the web-based program that allows customers to select factory-installed options in more than 2,000 combinations, build a bike on the screen, and then order it through an authorized Harley-Davidson dealer.
More than a century of experience, knowledge and riding passion lies behind each 2013 Harley-Davidson. Browse 2013 HD photos
Highlights of the 2013 Harley-Davidson line include:
· Ten Harley-Davidson models are offered as 110th Anniversary Editions, each serialized and featuring exclusive paint and commemorative solid bronze fuel tank badges. Production will vary by model and will be strictly limited to ensure exclusivity. These models come with all available factory-installed options as standard equipment. (See separate release for more details on the 110th Anniversary Editions.)
· The Harley-Davidson® Street Bob® gets a tougher profile for 2013 with new blacked-out triple clamps and powertrain, and a chopped rear fender with side-mounted license plate and stop/turn/tail lights. This rowdy Dyna bobber features a solo seat and mini-ape handlebar mounted on new risers that make it easier to customize the Street Bob. New paint options include Hard Candy Custom metalflake and a scalloped two-tone option. (See separate release for more details on the 2013 Street Bob.)
· The Street Bob serves as a great starting point for customization, and now along with the 1200 Custom it can be personalized through H-D1 Factory Customization with options selected by the customer using the online Bike Builder on Harley-Davidson.com, and installed as the motorcycle is assembled by the Harley-Davidson Motor Company. By choosing from different wheels, paint and engine finishes, the customer can dramatically alter the look of the motorcycle. Different combinations of foot-control location, seat choices and handlebar can be selected to adjust the fit of the motorcycle to rider stature.
· Hard Candy Custom embraces a trend that’s reemerged from garages around the globe. Now the sparkle of Hard Candy Big Red Flake, Hard Candy Lucky Green Flake and Hard Candy Coloma Gold Flake can be ordered as Original Equipment paint and serve as the foundation for personal customization. At least one Hard Candy Custom color will be offered on these Harley-Davidson motorcycle models: Seventy-Two™, Street Bob®, Blackline®, Softail® Deluxe, and Forty-Eight™. New and recently introduced Genuine Motor Accessory and Harley-Davidson® MotorClothes® items extend the Hard Candy Custom theme. (See separate release for more details on Hard Candy Custom.)
· The 2013 CVO™ series of limited-production premium custom motorcycles features the new CVO™ Breakout®, a bold Softail®model that takes production motorcycle finishes to a new level with two paint schemes that feature hand-polished steel sections on the fuel tank and fenders. The CVO™ Road King® offers the first factory-installed Road King® audio system, and the new detachable Vented Wind Splitter windshield. The super-premium touring CVO™ Ultra Classic® Electra Glide® and shark-nose CVO™ Road Glide®Custom bagger return with new features for 2013. (See separate release for more details on the 2013 CVO line.)
· The versatile Harley-Davidson® Sportster® line includes five models, plus the Sportster® 1200 Custom Anniversary Edition. New colors and graphics are offered on all Sportster® models.
· The traditional “hard tail” lines of the Harley-Davidson Softail® platform are offered on six models, including the Softail® Slim™, a back-to-basics 1950’s-style bobber introduce mid-year 2012. The 2013 Fat Boy® now features Mirror Chrome Aluminum Bullet Hole Disc wheels as standard equipment. The Softail® line also includes Heritage Softail® Classic Anniversary Edition and the Fat Boy® Lo Anniversary Edition.
· Eight Harley-Davidson® Touring models, from the slammed-and-trimmed Street Glide® to the fully equipped Electra Glide® Ultra Limited, are ready to tackle the long road with fresh color and graphics options. The Road King® Anniversary Edition and Electra Glide®Ultra Limited Anniversary Edition are available in limited quantities for 2013.
· The smooth-handling 2013 Dyna® line includes the re-styled Street Bob and four more models, plus the Super Glide® Custom Anniversary Edition.
· The aggressive Harley-Davidson® V-Rod® power-cruiser line features the Night Rod® Special and V-Rod Muscle®, each available in new colors for 2013.
· Riders looking for a Trike option with Harley-Davidson quality can turn to the Tri Glide® Ultra Classic®, also available Tri Glide® Ultra Classic® Anniversary Edition to celebrate a milestone.
Harley-Davidson Motor Company produces heavyweight custom, cruiser and touring motorcycles and offers a complete line of Harley-Davidson motorcycle parts, accessories, riding gear and apparel, and general merchandise. For more information, visit Harley-Davidson’s Web site at www.harley-davidson.com.