The military has long featured a strong presence at Infineon Raceway, but the Sonoma Valley facility will put the Armed Forces front-and-center in 2010 with the Sonoma Salutes Our Troops campaign.
The season-long salute to the Armed Forces will feature military elements at several major events, including the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series, NHRA Full Throttle Drag Racing Series, IZOD IndyCar® Series, motorcycles, historic car races and more.
The season-long program will culminate with Military Appreciation Day at the Indy® Grand Prix of Sonoma on Sunday, Aug. 22.
Some of the other exciting season-long elements include:
• Increased discounts for active military members at all major events.
• Tickets for Troops program, where fans can purchase tickets to all major events that will be distributed to active military members.
• Hometown Heroes will be recognized during pre-event ceremonies at all major events.
• Partnership with Vintage Valley Blue Star Moms (serving Solano, Napa and Yolo counties) to coordinate shipments of cards, other items, to troops serving overseas.
• Enhanced military participation in pre-event ceremonies at all major events.
• A Sonoma Salutes Our Troops dedicated page on infineonraceway.com
Infineon Raceway is also taking the opportunity to promote a very important program, Troops to College. Troops to College was created by California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to attract more veterans to California’s public universities and colleges by making campuses more veteran friendly. For more information on the Troops to College program, visit www.troopstocollege.ca.gov.
Infineon Raceway would like to invite race fans to join us in our Sonoma Salutes Our Troops program. For updates, call 800-870-RACE or visit www.infineonraceway.com/military