Georgia Motorcyclists Can Use HOT Lanes Toll Free

Georgia’s State Road & Tollway Authority has started issuing the Peach Pass for use with the GA 400 tolls and the new HOT lanes on I-85.  The HOT lanes are replacing the HOV lanes on some interstates in Georgia starting with I-85, and will require a toll for their use by all vehicles except those which are exempt.  Fortunately, just as motorcycles are able to use the HOV lanes, they will be also permitted in the HOT lanes toll-free as exempt vehicles but you will need a Peach Pass device.

If you plan on using your motorcycle Peach Pass only for the HOT lanes and never for the GA 400 toll, you can contact the Peach Pass customer service center at 1-855-PCH-PASS (724-7277) and set up an exempt vehicle account free of charge, although they will require a credit card number to keep on file.  The first 30,000 Peach Pass devices are being sent out free of charge to account holders and as of this printing they still had plenty of free ones left.  If you plan to use both the GA 400 toll lanes and the HOT lanes while on your motorcycle, you will need to set up the account online with a $20.00 initial deposit – motorcyclists still have to pay the GA 400 toll like everyone else.

You can find more information online at

“Share the Road” license plate coming to Wisconsin

What you should know. via WisDOT

  • Harley-Davidson/Share the Road license plates feature regular numbers or a personalized message.
  • A $25 annual donation supports motorcycle, moped and motor bicycle safety programs and activities administered by WisDOT. The donation may be tax-deductible if you itemize your income tax returns.
  • A $15 fee is required when non-personalized Harley-Davidson/Share the Road plates are issued or reissued.
  • A $15 fee is required EACH year in addition to the regular annual registration fee and donation for personalized plates.
  • Per state law, only the following vehicles qualify for Harley-Davidson/Share the Road license plates:
    • Automobiles
    • Motor homes (annual registration only)
    • Motor trucks
      • 4,500, 6,000 or 8,000 pound gross weight including dual purpose farm and dual purpose motor home
      • 12,000 pound gross weight farm truck

Official WicDOT Website

FYI – They say the customer service centers  WILL NOT have them on hand but will mail to the recipient  once the application has been processed.